Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELLP!!!!! GEES what the font!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by tooserious, Apr 13, 2010.

1. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    an anyone identify this font....gees I need a font identifier program!!!! I scroll through mine........

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. x2chris7x

x2chris7x Active Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Louisiana
    try whatthefont.com

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It's a bit small but it appears to be Alcuin Bold.

4. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Why not try here and let other members practice their type identification?

What the Font only identifies fonts they sell as far as I know.

5. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    Thanks Fred....I did try what the font it is sometimes hit and miss and...you know about the names of fonts.......

6. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    Exactly...I bought a program Font something a few years ago what a disappointment!!!!!

7. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I can tell you from first hand experience that there has never been a font identification program that provided good results if the user hadn't also learned whatever they could about type. I wrote and published FontFinder and was the North American distributor of FontExpert for a couple of years. Both applications work great but they both require some knowledge of the topic.

Sadly, neither program proved to be popular and neither is available for licensing any longer. I did, however, use FontExpert to identify your font in about 60 seconds.

8. tooserious

tooserious Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Olympia WA
    What happened to the old days 5 fonts max........brush script , knockout, Block, and some with a serif........now every person that has a computer uses some (usually a hard reading) font!!!!!!!