• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helmet Clipart

Hi, Does anyone knows where could i find this clip art, i need to reproduce the exact same decal for my local FD.

:thankyou:

Attachments

• Fire Helmet Scan small.jpg
    Fire Helmet Scan small.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 179

GK

I dunno if that was clipart, it looks airbrushed. I am sure you could find similar, but that looks like an airbrushed fireman shirt like you would see at their fund raisers or parades.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Looks like a job for the Vector Doctor
6fa64f39.gif

No, too many soft color transitions. This requires using complex blends and in doing so you need to know the starting (inner) shape for the blend to match and this is not obvious. The subtle shading, highlights and shadows would require alot of trial and error = expensive and time consuming and still may not match exactly.

As for live trace, that won't work as there are too many printing/halftone style dots that live trace will pick up and make into vector shapes resulting in hundreds of shapes and nodes to clean up.

No this is not airbrushed, i have the actual decal in my hands, but i need to reproduce so i can make more.

Dr.
I don´t need to trace the halftone text, only the helmet part, i don´t need it to match exactly.

Man i´m in a deep hole.

What would you guys do?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No this is not airbrushed, i have the actual decal in my hands, but i need to reproduce so i can make more.

Dr.
I don´t need to trace the halftone text, only the helmet part, i don´t need it to match exactly.

Man i´m in a deep hole.

What would you guys do?

High resolution scan and print that puppy.

GK

Dr.

Man i´m in a deep hole.

What would you guys do?

i understand you have the decal, that does not mean the original artwork was not airbrushed, scanned, printed, and then contour cut.