• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Helmet Wrap!

SOA

Hi, We did this last week, wrapped it all over in black them added the printed design over the top ( we made templates so it fitted nicely)

did the main wrap in 3 pieces, left,middle & right.It took about 2 hrs to wrap them 1 to put the prints on.

turned out to be good fun!

Steve

Attachments

• 2010-10-24 16.36.32.jpg
    2010-10-24 16.36.32.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 2010-10-29 21.20.47.jpg
    2010-10-29 21.20.47.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 2010-10-29 22.17.43.jpg
    2010-10-29 22.17.43.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 2010-10-29 22.18.33.jpg
    2010-10-29 22.18.33.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 157
  • 2010-10-29 22.23.40.jpg
    2010-10-29 22.23.40.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 110

SOA

It was about 2hrs to wrap it black,used a touch of primer here & there. The templating. & design was about 6-8hrs and the application of the prints was about an hour,a days work really. We made the printed bits overlay the two joins to hide them & to stop them peeling back!

phototec

S w e e t, n i c e w o r k !

It was about 2hrs to wrap it black,used a touch of primer here & there. The templating. & design was about 6-8hrs and the application of the prints was about an hour,a days work really. We made the printed bits overlay the two joins to hide them & to stop them peeling back!

S W E E T, _ N I C E _ W O R K !

What material?

What Laminate?

And any other tips will be appreciated.

After you post more HOW TO information, I use the print function to make a PDF file, then put the file in a folder I'm building. I have a nice collection of HOW TO's, I can reefer back to in the future.

Thanks again for sharing and any info that will help others on this site!

:thankyou:

SOA

The black vinyl was Hexis HX20890 Hexpress, the printed parts were on 3MIJ380 & laminate.

I used the 3M primer in the harsh recess areas and the joints down the middle to stop the vinyl from lifting. i Have done one with the same materials but without primer & it came out fine, i just wanted to try it this time.

dose anyone here wrap helmets with prints? i cant imagine it can be done??

SOA

As for the $$$ its ok, but only ok. i didn't lose any money but didn't make any real profit!
i could easily do two in a day if they were of the same design & that would make it a great job! I'd only turn down doing them when we are real busy!

Steve

AUTO-FX

A friend of mine messaged me the other day with a picture of a helmet he just finished. One piece print. I asked him if he was going to make any $ on it and he didnt know. I think he did it more to see if he could do it. I'm sure it took way too much time for what it's really worth!

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Looks good, great job!

The little wraps I find are not profitable from a time standpoint. I have wrapped numerous gun stocks and after each one I swear I would never do another.

The problem is that word spreads that you do them.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps

So an 8 hr day X hourly shop rate = about $500 give or take for that job?

SOA

my Friend did the bulk of the design, he had final say on it, i know the back is a little difficult to read!!

As for the $500.. your not far off!!