• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help/Advice for material printed and installed on drywall baricade

evoprinting

Hello everyone! We have a large project that I need some help/advice with. We'll be printing and installing 6, 50" x 12' panels on an indoor barricade. I was going to use 3M IJ40 vinyl but reading here, there seems to be better alternatives that are actually cheaper. Keep in mind, I'm not looking for cheap, I'm looking for the right product. We are installing on drywall with builder's grade flat paint.
These will be up for 6-12 months. What product should I be looking at? Any help/advice is appreciated.

WallDeco 6730
Phototex
http://www.phototex.com.au/

Mojave Digital Wall products http://www.mojavedigitalmedia.com/digital-media/mojave1/wall-graphics/wall-graphics
Any other?

Thanks in advance!

2B

assuming this will be like most all construction barricade walls in that it will be removed and trashed once the work is done.

for a short term like this, any vinyl with air release channels will be good.
we have used instant one media before it did exactly as intended.

you can also try contacting Big Fish, he is a media supplier here and is very knowledgeable on correct media to surface applications.

CanuckSigns

assuming this will be like most all construction barricade walls in that it will be removed and trashed once the work is done.

for a short term like this, any vinyl with air release channels will be good.
we have used instant one media before it did exactly as intended.

you can also try contacting Big Fish, he is a media supplier here and is very knowledgeable on correct media to surface applications.

On drywall I don't think air release is needed at all, the texture of the wall almost acts as an air release in itself. If they don't care about damaging the wall when removed (I assume it will be thrown out in the end) I would go with something like Arlon DPF8000, which is a high tack vinyl, General Formulations also makes one. Flat paint is tricky to stick to and you don't want it peeling off.

evoprinting

Thanks for the replies. I had an installer mention they had good luck with 3M IJ36-20. They mentioned the low VOC paints and said it was very compatible. Hmmm?

SeanMcM

On drywall I don't think air release is needed at all, the texture of the wall almost acts as an air release in itself. If they don't care about damaging the wall when removed (I assume it will be thrown out in the end) I would go with something like Arlon DPF8000, which is a high tack vinyl, General Formulations also makes one. Flat paint is tricky to stick to and you don't want it peeling off.

Can not go wrong with this vinyl, easy to apply to walls and has got great adhesion.

Edit: Altho it is best to keep an eye on it when printing, laminating or plotting long runs as the adhesive can bleed a bit.

JWesthead

You can be here all day getting everyone's input on what is best and why when in the end so many factors come in to play which product is going to successfully apply ... do your testing and roll with it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
A great choice for that application is the General Formulations 222 or 223, I don't deal the GF line but I have a lot of experience in this application and that is a great material for it. I have plenty of other options if your interested or if you hate the GF brand lol.