• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help and Suggestions with metal project.

Steve C.

I have a client wanting a simple logo made from cut out metal. His idea is rustic
copper cutout, roughly 4'x8'. I don't think he requires it to be copper, only to
look like rustic copper (hammered). So my thought was to use sheet
copper laminated to plywood, or something, and cut out.

Any Ideas of how it could be made to look copper with out using copper. Or
any other ideas on this. It will be on an interior wall.

Any suggestions welcomed....

Marlene

Chemetal makes some realy nice laminates. www.chemetalco.com if you call or e-mail them, they will send you a key ring of them. check out the webiste, click on finishes then on the designer collection. the screen doesn't do it justice, but #230 moonscape is a nice pretty copper that is textured.

Billct2

HDU cut out, distressed withh a ballpeen hammer, sprayed Matthews Copper metallic, then patina

sardocs

A while back I made these letters from mdo, distressed 'em with a ball peen hammer then painted them with copper HammerRite bumper paint. They look pretty convincing out in the sunlight.

Attachments

• dscn2893-web.jpg
    dscn2893-web.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 89
  • dscn2894-web.jpg
    dscn2894-web.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 102

Steve C.

Wow, Marlene, Chemetals has some beautiful stuff. I think the 314 myan is
kind of what he's looking for. But that stuff is more expensive than copper.
It may be an option. I don't think he would go for HDU. Maybe as a base for
sheet metal. Thanks for all the help.

How do yo Pitina metal?

iSign

SARDOCS... THAT IS AMAZING!!!

& to think you could do that on MDO... I wanna try that now!!

sardocs

We've done it to a quite a few different projects. It's a nice quick way to get a texture. I usually buy prepainted mdo, dimple it up, then give it a couple final coats. We use this technique on cedar signs also.