• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Anyone have any ideas

Shnyda

Good Morning all,
JV3-160SP is the printer. We use RasterLink for our RIP. My issue this morning. I am getting no colors. Did a test print - does the act of printing but no ink on the vinyl. Did 15min nozzle soak... nothing - clean capping station, disway, cleaned around heads, did two strong cleans, cleaned clear strip, turn machine off and let sit for a while (Main switch) all this before I called tech support. They are having me do a 99min nozzel soak followed by a strong cleaning again. and then am to call them back. Has anyone had this problem, have anything else I can try.

Thanks so much,
Sharon

Shnyda

99min soak and strong clean

Well, I guess we are down for alittle while. 99 soak and strong clean did not work. Now we are trying unpluging it from the wall and turn off main switch for 20mins.

Shnyda

The 20 min turn off didn't work. waiting for call back from tech support. Yes ink in dampers. Going to make sure can get ink through with syringe. Thanks for the ideas. am willing to try anything at this point. Tech support is leaning towards something with the strip board.

Shnyda

Yes, Ink in dampers and yes I can pull ink through. New to the posting so I apologize for double posts if they show up. We also turned off printer with main switch and unpluged it from the wall for 20 mins. Still nothing. Tech thinks it might be the brains. They are to call me back.

Letterbox Mike

If you do a regular cleaning does ink come out below the capping station into the waste ink bottle? If so, it's not a flow issue. Sounds like electronics, either ribbon cables or slider board maybe?

Shnyda

insignia, think you are right. yes we have good ink flow. Tech support put call in with Mimaki. I'll let you guys know what the out come of this is. I appreciate everyone's ideas.

gabagoo

I have had that happen before, but simply turning off the printer and turnin g it back on solved it.

slemard

We're Up and Running!:)

Hello all, I sent up my own account. was my boss' account. we are back up and running. ended up installing the slider board first - that wasn't it:(. we did the encoder and the encoder scale at the same time. It worked. We are back up and running. Thanks for all the ideas. and I hope this might help someone in the future.