• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help ASAP

mcgrawdesigns

I am trying to print a race car wrap today and I have run into a huge problem. I have everything saved in Flexi Pro 8.6v1 and when I open the file up in Production Manager to print everything is there like it is supposed to be, all is good at this point. Then when I click on the Send button to begin RIPing and Printing I receive an error message that states "An unknown failure has occurred. It is recommended that you restart the application." :frustrated: This has happened atleast 10 times this morning. :frustrated: I shut everything down and restart the computer and try it again, and it gets to the same point, when I push the send button it gives me this error message, and I do this routine all over again. Does anybody have any ideas of what to do? I know that several of you hate Flexi and will tell me to get another program, but up until now it has worked great for me. I have printed files larger and more complex than this one with no problems. This is what I have and I need to get something figured out now! Thanks

signpro

Manager
can you copy to a new file, resave, and try from that file? i've had similar issues with others programs, and sometimes its just a corrupt file. if you copy what you need to a new file, sometimes you can get lucky. good luck

MVIP

It doesn't like something. Did you design it in flexi?

I do not print out of flexi, but would suggest trying to flatten it, converting text to curves, it doesn't necessarily depend on the complexity as much as something is hanging it up. Can you save as .tif or .pdf and open in photoshop? might be a way of tricking it.

I think if you export as a tiff you can then just drop tiff into production manager and print that way. would take some of the variables out of the equation.

-Matt

trik

Does sound like a file corruption, export it as an .ai, .tif, or something like MVIP suggests, that has worked for me in the past.