• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Big PDF problems

Quillbilly

I have been a signwriter for over 30 yrs and with the advent of digital printing, I'm trying very hard to adjust. My clients are emailing PDF files that are beautiful, but I save them on my external hard drive and have tried to open and/or import them into CorelDraw X4 to edit them and they won't open. The error message says the file is corrupted. I know that the problem is on my side, because they open fine and are beautiful files. I feel like a fool when I have to call my clients for alternate files. What the Hell am I doing wrong?

Custom_Grafx

Heya,

Not doing anything wrong - it's just a fact that corel can't open PDFs which were saved with certain attributes when originally published in Illustrator/InDesign.

Something which may or may not work for you, is to save a PDF (from Acrobat) as an EPS - which you might be able to open in corel.

Many here will agree (and some will disagree), that it's best to possess all graphic applications ie Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel etc.

signage

The issue I see with this file is it was saved with 2 color profiles!

Also this file is mostly a raster image, the only vector is the white text stating responsibility abd tge owners name and copywrite.