• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! BN-20 utility keeps closing on me

MakeMyGraphic

Okay so I thought it was just my PC so I restarted the PC but this keeps happening :( help!

BN-20 utility launches then briefly displays ink levels and then the window closes almost immediately. I try relaunching and it says the utility is still running, then I click and click again until the popup window comes back up displaying inks but is on for just a fleeting moment and the BOOM gone again, I have tried restarting the PC, restarting the app, ending task in task manager and restarting and no help :( I really need to change the felt wiper and do some basic cleaning but it wont open up long enough for me to click on the options to do any of this! I am running Windows 7 professional... latest firmware that I am aware of...

MakeMyGraphic

ooookay... so I got it working again... thanks to this thread from 2013
http://www.rolandforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2419&sid=...
So my ink cartridge was indeed full. So I replaced it, kept getting the utility closing, removed each cartridge and shook it. replaced them, force quit Utility restarted it. Took about 3 restarts but now it is working.... so weird... But I will leave this here in case someone gets the same error later.
Upon successful restart it prompted me to change waste ink bin, which I already did so I pulled it out and pushed it back in and said YES to the prompt.... I will post more updates if I still get problems.

FranciscoJose

ooookay... so I got it working again... thanks to this thread from 2013
http://www.rolandforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2419&sid=...
So my ink cartridge was indeed full. So I replaced it, kept getting the utility closing, removed each cartridge and shook it. replaced them, force quit Utility restarted it. Took about 3 restarts but now it is working.... so weird... But I will leave this here in case someone gets the same error later.
Upon successful restart it prompted me to change waste ink bin, which I already did so I pulled it out and pushed it back in and said YES to the prompt.... I will post more updates if I still get problems.

FranciscoJose

I have the same problem with the utility, but the thread from 2013 is gone.
I will try to shake the cartridges and restart the utility.
Thank you