• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Contour Cutting on Reflective Vinyl with Mutoh Ultima SC 1400D

kfinnn

Need help badly. We have a Mutoh Ultima SC 1400D cutter. We are trying to print and contour cut 20" x 58" decals on Oralite 5650RA. We are using Onyx to print to our HP L25500 Latex printer. Onyx Cut Server to create a .plt file and Mutoh Cut Server to cut the .plt file. We are doing it this way because Onyx Cut Server has a bug that is causing a problem with our cutter. This workaround works great if I'm using white vinyl but the job calls for reflective vinyl. The Mutoh cutter can not read the marks or barcode on the reflective vinyl.

Things we've tried (without success):
We tried putting scotch tape on the reg marks and barcode.
We tried printing the same decal on white vinyl, cutting our the portions the cutter needs to read, and then laying that on top of the reflective decal.

We get an EPOS error after it tries and fails to find the registration marks. Onyx does not allow you to change the registration marks or barcode and Mutoh says we can not use a manual method with this cutter. HELP!! This job is for 60 of these decals for a bus company. Would really hate to lose it.

CRD

I dont know mutoh cutters but if the cutter also reads the reflective vinyl while loading you might need to fool it with white too for this!
Your cover up with black on white regmarks should work if the machine is not geting an error on the loading.

Paco

henryp

Is the cutter able to read the barcode? Is the cutter not reading or not seeing the registration mark? Observe the Epos beam as it tries to read the marks. If the beam is on top of the mark, then it not reading it but if it does not go over the mark, obviously it won't even see it. If is the the latter, make sure you calibrate the printer and the cutter to match the output size. Seen this a lot of times, the printer output size does not match the cutter so the Epos can not see the bottom registration marks because it is trying to locate them in the wrong spot.