• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP CS2 Crashing When Using Text Tool

PostNet

I am getting very frustrated. Whenever I am working with text in CS2, the software will shutdown without warning and not allow me the option to save. I am going out of my mind and my wife is sick of hearing about it. Has anyone experianced this and does anyone know of a solution other than throwing the computer off the roof, running over it with my car and then letting a small pack of dogs chew the remaining peices into smaller bits? Thanks.

Jeff

klmjff

first thing is a reboot. If that doesnt help, reinstall cs2. Is it only one specific file you are having problems with, or all files?

GK

Before you open Photoshop try holding Ctrl + Alt + Shift (PC) or Command + Option + Shift (Mac OSX) this will wipe out your preferences file. Sometimes CS2 gets a little buggy with quirks like this and needs a fresh start, if you ask Adobe why it happens theres about 200 pages of non-sense to read through. If this doesn't work you might want to consider a complete uninstall (remove all registry entries as well) and fresh install.

rjpjr

lol...this is only funny because it is very familiar.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Sorry to hear about your frustrations with CS2. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Question...Are you running Illustrator (Assuming it is Illustrator you are referring to) in conjunction with Photoshop? Adobe has readily admitted that some systems do not run both programs simultaneously very well. They recommend running one program at a time on those systems. Unfortunately we have a couple of those systems and we have/had constant failures so we have had to learn to operate one program at a time. And yes, it was very specific actions that caused the crashes. Frequently the program would simply disappear! Adobe apparently does not play well with others because we also have troubles running Photoshop and Gerber Omega simultaneously. Omega will always crash if we try to use both at the same time. All of these issues have to do with how Adobe allocates memory.

Another outside possibility would be that some of your fonts have become corrupted. Have you noticed that certain fonts are being used when the crashes occur? Do the crashes occur while manipulating text already entered or does crash while typing the text itself?

PostNet

I am using both programs and have rebooted many times. I have the same version on a different machine at a different location and the same thing occurs. It does not seem to matter which font I use. Another odd thing, is that when I reopen most of my files, thier is a triangle warning on all my font layers and when I select them to change them it asks me to update my fonts. Does this make sense to anyone?

Rooster

You have font issues. Fix them and CS will play nice again.

I went through this last week. Reinstalling Illustrator did nothing. I ran font doctor on my mac and found I had some fonts open that were conflicting with my system fonts. I closed the offenders down and all is right with the world again.