• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Cutter Trouble!

signs&design

I have a Roland Camm-1 CX-24 plotter and until a couple of days ago, it has been cutting without any problems. It has started to "stutter" instead of making clean lines. It doesn't do it all of the time but on every project, at least one or two of the lines are not cut completely. It looks almost like it is making perforated lines.

I have replaced the cutting blade and the teflon cutting strip, I have taken the machine completely apart and cleaned it and I have reset the settings back to factory condition.

When I had it apart, I inspected the drive belt and it is fine (not worn, no missing teeth). I have changed nothing in my software.

If anyone has any experience with this type of issue please help me out, I'm stuck.

TXFB.INS

when our Summa plotter did a similar, it was do to a recent update with the driver.

uninstalled the update and re-installed a stable driver

WCSign

Same thing here, i replaced all that, still did it.

then i replaced the blade holder itself and it was fixed

round man

What you describe sounds like the blade not spinning freely inside the blade holder,(not to be confused with the blade carriage it fits into),....take out the blade holder,...try removing the cover and checking for scraps of vinyl that might have worked their way inside the cover then a drop of 3 in one oil in the hole the blade is inserted is in order,...hope this helps ya,...