• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help cutting a tiled job in signlab

Hello,
I am having trouble cutting a tile job.
I have a 36" cirlce with lettering that I have to tile because I have a versacamm 30" printer/cutter.
I tiled the job in signlab and printed it. Now when I put the job in my printer to cut it won't cut. When I go into signlab and look at the tile I noticed that when it tiles the contour line isn't there anymore.
Do you know why this is happening and how I fix this problem.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Stacy

Rod

Perhaps check the Paging Tool

[FONT=Arial]Designs by Stacy[/FONT] said:
I am having trouble cutting a tile job.
I have a 36" cirlce with lettering that I have to tile because I have a versacamm 30" printer/cutter.
I tiled the job in signlab and printed it. Now when I put the job in my printer to cut it won't cut. When I go into signlab and look at the tile I noticed that when it tiles the contour line isn't there anymore.
Do you know why this is happening and how I fix this problem.

Hi Stacy,

A shot in the dark. Take a look at the following InfoSource thread, and search for the text "behaving oddly." There was an incident from about a year ago that your description reminds me of.

http://www.cadlink.com/support_train/forums/viewtopic.php?t=118&highlight=behaving+oddly

Now, if I understand correctly, the following has occured:

1. For the given 36" design, contour cut lines were added (say using Cut menu >> Contour Cut).
  2. You then went File menu >> Print and Cut.
  3. In the Print and Cut Preview mode, you recognized that the job needed to be tiled.
  4. So on the Print / Cut Toolbox, the Tile button was clicked.
  5. Tile lines were dragged to indicate the tiles.
  6. The Apply button was clicked, and the tiles were positioned on the media.
  7. On the Print / Cut Toolbox, the Print and Cut button was clicked.

Now, at this point, the print/cut job was sent to the printer, but only the print portion completed. And when you inspected the design in SignLab, the contour cut lines were missing.

Correct?

Rod at CADlink