• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! Cutting from Corel.

Hi...just a newbie with (hopefully) a simple question.
I' am cutting directly from Corel, setting up an image with hairline outline and no fill. I cut and it cuts lines over and over thems selfs cutting up the vinyl!!
What am I doing wrong? Do I need to posterize also?
I am new and have gotten some great help from this site. Thank you .

:help: :thankyou:

giantsfan1951

sounds like multiple images one on top of the other ... you need to get rid of the extra "images" and thus the extra lines to cut

OldPaint

thats it.....put the boxes aound the object....grab it and move it....if you have more the one object it will move one only.....or do a brake apart...the will usually make it into layers..so you can delete each extra one.

R

Royal Palm Graphics

It sounds as if there are objects behind an object that you can’t see. Try selecting all - un-group. Now move the object to one side to see if there are other objects hidden. Keep in mind that a cutter cuts whatever objects are visible to the cutter. Just because you can’t see these objects doesn’t mean it’s not there. If the cutter is cutting objects from Corel it’s because there’s something there.

May I suggest sending this file to someone to see what it is or isn’t you’re doing.

Greg

Your plotter may also have settings for cutting. Some allow you to cut once, twice, or more times...............

Most times, its the graphics piled on top of each other. Some programs do that when they export/convert files.

giantsfan1951

What Royal said.... I had an instance where there wre close to a dozen "layers of the object in the "picture" that were overlayed... lots of selecting and deleting to clen them out

JoySigns

Also, occassionally switching your screen to "wirescreen" view (under the view screen heading I think) will show you the outline only of your objects sometimes these outlines are not visible on the full color screen (if they are not a closed object they will not show up) and wirescreen is the true vector image. When drawing I prefer using a fill and no outline at all as this shows you exactly what the object looks like. As Royal Palm suggested just select all, ungroup all and if you start deleting objects and they are still showing up on the screen you know that you have multiple images of that object, just keep deleting until there is nothing then control z to undo the last step so you return to one object. I know when I first started it was really easy when copying to hold the button a shade too long and end up with multiple images of the same object.

Thank you!
I had an extra image hiding as you all said...as well I had my settings off as well (thnk you Greg).It was trying to cut a third image...Wow I have a lot to learn.

Do I need to POSTERIZE images if they are VECTOR ready?
Do I need to set the hairline image and no fill before I (print) cut in Corel w/Vector ready?

I am using a Roland PNC-960, Corel 10, Roland cx24 Driver

Gary

bones

Do I need to POSTERIZE images if they are VECTOR ready?

Nope!

Do I need to set the hairline image and no fill before I (print) cut in Corel w/Vector ready?

Yep! Click the pic. Outline the pic. Manually type in .0004" for the width of your hairline outline. Click no fill and you are done. I like to drag a marquee box around the entire object and combine the entire pic. then proceed with the above.

Another thing that may help if you don't know, is to make your corel page the same size as the vinyl you are cutting. If you have a 24" wide roll of vinyl then set the corel page size to 24". If your cutter tells you the width of the roll then use that. something like 23.8". for the length of the roll use some # like 144" (12 feet).

Good luck!:U Rock: keep us posted.

Jeff

OldPaint

why are you using a CX-24 DRIVER? if you got the newest driver from roland it will have the driver for the PNC-960.

OldPaint

you need to familurize yourself with the formats corel will do.
you can vectorize in COREL TRACE. the image created will be an AI. or EPS. these are vector inmages. most graphic that will import into DRAW are VECTOR. you can import BITMAP(JPG., WMF., TIFF., BMP.)into DRAW. there is a bitmap to vector in corel draw but usiing corel trace is you best shot.