• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help cutting reflective using mimaki fx160cg plotter

Print Com

I am printing on oracal reflective material using a hp design jet L28500 printer and mimaki fx160cg plotter. My question is I'm not having trouble printing on reflective, but having trouble plotting it using illustrator fine cut. When I get it printed and run through the steps to read the registration marks to tell plotter how big a piece to cut. Will sometimes read the marks or most of the time just pass over it and error out. It never finishes reading the marks. Is their a way to get plotter to read the marks so it can contour cut the what I want. Am I missing something or is their an easier way to go about cutting reflective after I print on it. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Print Com

I tried putting matte lam over the registration marks and still no go..went as far as putting premask over it to and drawing making marks and still no go..can anybody help me with this problem.

Thanks