• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help. double strike of ink gives off ink droplets while printing

Hello,
I have a Roland sp540V
i use OEM inks, and am using orajet 3651
i am printing with overprint ( double strike )
and after i get a large amount of prints done my prints start droping ink blobs.
what is the cause.
i imagine it is building up on the side of the head and then releasing, but some times it does it SO much i dont believe it would have enough time to build up and then release. it seems as tho the print head doesn't like the ink load.
my temps are 41 on the ink and 43 on dryer.
IMG_1949.jpg

JBusch260

Make sure the printhead doesn't have anything on it. Sometimes hairs, or dust, or whatever gets in there and causes the ink to build up, and eventually drip out. Do a major clean, including a head swab.

another image

Thanks!
I have been running alot of prints through my machine and I clean usually once a day, swab the heads capping station and wipers.
I replace the foam about every month, maybe my foam needs to be replaced?
when this happened the machine was spotless, no ink build up on the heads ever after I canceled this print.

photo.jpg