• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! DX5 Solvent head for CJV30-160, unpack and go?, or flush first?

Hello!
I have a cjv30-160, and have to replace the print head, due to a bad K channel, and several head strikes from learning what NOT to do...lol

I've received my new printhead, complete with manifold and memory PCB. That's the easy part...

I've never had to replace a printhead before, and the physical installation is no prob, pretty straight forward. However, I'd like to ask the good people on here if theres anything I need to do prior to installation?

Do I need to flush the head with pre-fill up solution? or any other tips or tricks that anyone can share? I'm trying not to screw this up...

All help is greatly appreciated! =)

Thanks in advance!

anyone?......

Last edited:

just

Do not flush!

Best flushing for the head is ink itself. All your new head need is couple good fill ups. Do not save on ink this time. I would recommend even third one, interrupted by side switch right after pumps got silent. Soaking nozzle face of the newbie for like 10-15 minutes is good initiation ritual.Of course before that you better be sure of full cartridges and pump+cap making a fantastic sucker.