• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help!! Error 07 Head (*-------) Jv3-160sp

AllinSignco

I was in the middle of a print job this A.M. and all of the sudden my JV3 stopped and sounded the long Beeeeeep. When I got over to it the printer's display said "ERROR 07 HEAD (*-------) " I have called our local Midwest Tech, but haven't heard back, and I am nervous because the printer will not be able to run a normal cycle to push ink thru once an hour or whatever. Please any info would be great. Hell I just want to have an idea of where to start??? :help: The print is was working when it stopped looks fine and the heads are clean (since I clean them daily) so WTF ? Please let me know whatcha think......

particleman

Remove the cover on the head unit and check the left most ribbon cable going to the black head, you may need to pull it out and reseat the cable into the head. Do it gently! they are fragile

Last edited:

jdigital

I had the same error come up last week. Same head. I switched our cables but did not fix the problem. Our local tech support said our slider board went out. Funny because we just replaced our slider board about 4 months ago. One thing I noticed was the head had some corrosion where the cables plug in. I replaced the head and did not receive any error. Now I cant get the new head to fire or fill up with ink. Back to ordering a new slider board.

I had the same error come up last week. Same head. I switched our cables but did not fix the problem. Our local tech support said our slider board went out. Funny because we just replaced our slider board about 4 months ago. One thing I noticed was the head had some corrosion where the cables plug in. I replaced the head and did not receive any error. Now I cant get the new head to fire or fill up with ink. Back to ordering a new slider board.

Did you enter in the code for the new head?

AllinSignco

Bad Head "error 07"

I ended up getting a replacement head and I have had no issues since! A Midwest Tech did say that if the head error didnt go away then it was the slider board. From what I understand Miamaki does guarantee there heads for 30-45 days after install. Good Luck!