• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP!!! Falcon Junior Will not print

twds2k8

I have a Mutoh Falcon junior that I have replaced the pump, the head, the dampers, the data cable that goes from the head to the head board on.

It will draw ink to the dampers, it will pull ink through during a cleaning cycle if you send a print job the carriage will move in the exact area of the print, only no ink comes out during printing. I have double and triple checked the head rank and all of the fuses are good. The Encoder strip looks fine and has no visible damage. I am completely stumped on getting this going again.

I did notice that during the self diagnostic exam under "Head Driver" it gave these options,

VK, KC1, CHG, ND2, ND1, TRI, FLUSH if you select any of them it says "Pull Out Head Cable" I cannot find anything in the maintenance manual that pertains to that or any of those abbreviations. Is this my problem and if so how do I fix it?

A tech is $1000 trip charge and $225 an hour plus parts. It seems as though I am just missing something relatively simple to get this going again. Any help that anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

twds2k8

They said its out of warranty call the company that wants the ridiculous trip charge. Thanks for the responses though.