• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help ! falcon outdoor 46 print issue

sksigns

Replaced new: printheads, dampers & o-rings, ink pump, wiper, capping station. Did all the adjustments after setting head rank, using flexi v8.1.

flushed the drain lines did a complete cleanup to maintenace area.

When printing black text on a color background i'm getting what looks like a drop shadow of orange red.

Printing a black background with a white cutting mark. When test printing it about the size of a business card the cutting mark is filled with the orange red. Then at twice that size the cutting mark is 2/3 white with 1/3 the orange red color. It appears as if the amount of drop is unchanged it just looks less in the larger size print.

it would seem as if this is a alignment issue, but i have been unable to adjust it out.

the drop is down (toward front of printer) and to the right(toward key board) other than this the print is good.

printing a photo the effect is nominal, printing vector where text or lines should be sharp is where it is most noticed. so far I haven't seen it with other colors.

thanks in advance, scott

sksigns

photos

after test printing different combinations of background and text colors we are seeing in other colors also

Attachments

• IMG_2909.jpg
    IMG_2909.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2910.jpg
    IMG_2910.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2917.jpg
    IMG_2917.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 72

sksigns

btw these test prints were printed over alignment prints, this is why you're seeing lines in some of the photos

randya

This still looks like alignments.

There are two types of alignment, physical and electrical (timing) these look like timing.

sksigns

We really did it all, this time I used a high power magnifier to read and adjust all printed tests results. I know this is silly but it seems as if there was a movement after the first physical adjustment of the heads. We have always lossened the screw before making adjustments and tighened it afterward so I know it didn't "pop" after lossening it. There was a considerable re-adjustment nescessary on the right head which led to all other adjustments needing to be done. We never had a head strike and had good results on the first adjustment after the new head install.
So it is still a mystery to me.

The plotter was moved, we taped the head carriage down for transport wrapped it in blankets put it in a pickup truck, but after moving it we had a host of issues. First it siponed a cartridge empty (most likely a result of a bad cap seal), then the pump had ink worms (most likely caused by the move, vibration) and the capping station wouldn't seal. so we just decided to re-do it all for a fresh start. I can now say it is working great and at least I know the status of all the important things.