• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help finding linearization tables for profile

Image Express

I am trying to find the linearization tables in onyx 12 production house. I have looked and can’t find. And was seeing if anybody could help me.

Thanks

ONYXtechtips

Linearization tables are specific to the reader you have. When you tell Media Manager the spectrophotometer you are using, it will automatically select the appropriate chart to read. If you are referring to the actual numbers, these are specific to your printing device and are not global. The linearization table is reporting the density of CMYK on the specific media you are profiling.

Image Express

Linearization tables are specific to the reader you have. When you tell Media Manager the spectrophotometer you are using, it will automatically select the appropriate chart to read. If you are referring to the actual numbers, these are specific to your printing device and are not global. The linearization table is reporting the density of CMYK on the specific media you are profiling.
I have a hp 360. And was wondering can I use the onboard or would any i1 handheld device work.

Thanks

dypinc

I have a hp 360. And was wondering can I use the onboard or would any i1 handheld device work.

Thanks
Just use the onboard to create a profile in Onyx. For media that you can calibrate on the printer it is probably not necessary to create a linearization curve. If you do create a linearization curve make sure it is not limiting your 100% point or check if printing pure primaries is truly 100%. Not sure how Onyx handles this but I caught Caldera limiting the 100% output when selecting Preserve Pure Black if the linearization curve 100% point was less than 100%. Not good for getting great black with Latex ink.

cornholio

HP printers do their own thing internally. What they call "color calibration" is linearization and ink limiting.
The Rip is driving these printers as so called composite devices. They send a CMYK Tif to the printer.
The printer also does the dithering internally.
The only thing, the Rip does in terms of color is applying the ICC on the printer data. This ICC can be generated on the printer, if it has a spectrophotometer(internal I1) like the 370, or you can use whatever external device and profiling software you have.

Image Express

HP printers do their own thing internally. What they call "color calibration" is linearization and ink limiting.
The Rip is driving these printers as so called composite devices. They send a CMYK Tif to the printer.
The printer also does the dithering internally.
The only thing, the Rip does in terms of color is applying the ICC on the printer data. This ICC can be generated on the printer, if it has a spectrophotometer(internal I1) like the 370, or you can use whatever external device and profiling software you have.
I did the color calibration with the printer and also made a profile within the printer. For I have a hp360 with internal i1. The colors are still coming out wrong. Just can’t figure it out. Been talking to hp and they think it might be onyx. For they are having me read the owner manual. The next thing is make a profile in onyx and see if that will work I guess.

dypinc

I did the color calibration with the printer and also made a profile within the printer. For I have a hp360 with internal i1. The colors are still coming out wrong. Just can’t figure it out. Been talking to hp and they think it might be onyx. For they are having me read the owner manual. The next thing is make a profile in onyx and see if that will work I guess.
Be aware that there was a firmware update to the L360 that messed with the calibrations. The only way to get it back to printing correct color was was to create a new media preset (do not clone) and new calibration and then make a new profile on top of that with the printer or onyx. I would try that before anything else

Image Express

Be aware that there was a firmware update to the L360 that messed with the calibrations. The only way to get it back to printing correct color was was to create a new media preset (do not clone) and new calibration and then make a new profile on top of that with the printer or onyx. I would try that before anything else
I was trying to calibrate through onyx. Have an onboard spectrophotometer on 360. Mapped it to the printer. But for some reason I can’t get the onyx to print swatch for the printer to read swatch didn’t know if I didn’t set it up right. Attached are some pic of where it’s being mapped to in onyx. It said that the ip is good but onyx will not let me print swatch. Or was I told wrong and it won’t print swatch and read.

On a side note it will print the internal calibration and read that on the 360.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpeg
    IMG_0111.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0112.jpeg
    IMG_0112.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 6

dypinc

I was trying to calibrate through onyx. Have an onboard spectrophotometer on 360. Mapped it to the printer. But for some reason I can’t get the onyx to print swatch for the printer to read swatch didn’t know if I didn’t set it up right. Attached are some pic of where it’s being mapped to in onyx. It said that the ip is good but onyx will not let me print swatch. Or was I told wrong and it won’t print swatch and read.

On a side note it will print the internal calibration and read that on the 360.

Thanks
I only ever ran demos of Onyx that let me print targets and imported the measurements, so I don't know if there are versions of Onyx that do not support that. Maybe someone with Onyx experience can help you out here.