Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Help fixing Mutoh VJ628

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by tamif, Jul 6, 2019.

1. tamif

tamif T-N-T Designs

Dec 2, 2016
    Pampa, Tx
    I had to replace the media fixing knob on my Mutoh 628, but I am still having problems with it not working right. When I turn the knob you can see the silver rod in the back moving back and forth loosely. It is not wanting to move the pinch rollers up in order to remove media. I don't know if I need to do something with the silver rod or if it is something else.

Tags:
  2. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    Chances are the knob had been inserted while the pressure roller release bar (B-12 on attached screenshot) is in the wrong position.

ice_screenshot_20190708-111103.png ice_screenshot_20190708-110742.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris808

Chris808 New Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Honolulu
    Oh Wooow, Im looking to replace the dampers on my 628, but not sure how to remove the head height cross bar. do you have the detailed instructions how to do this procedure? From where did you get this screenshots?
    thank you!

4. henryp

henryp Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Sydney Australia
    You will need to remove the printhead to replace the dampers on the VJ-628 because of very short ink lines.