• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Help fixing Mutoh VJ628

tamif

T-N-T Designs
I had to replace the media fixing knob on my Mutoh 628, but I am still having problems with it not working right. When I turn the knob you can see the silver rod in the back moving back and forth loosely. It is not wanting to move the pinch rollers up in order to remove media. I don't know if I need to do something with the silver rod or if it is something else.

henryp

Chances are the knob had been inserted while the pressure roller release bar (B-12 on attached screenshot) is in the wrong position.

ice_screenshot_20190708-111103.png ice_screenshot_20190708-110742.png

henryp

Oh Wooow, Im looking to replace the dampers on my 628, but not sure how to remove the head height cross bar. do you have the detailed instructions how to do this procedure? From where did you get this screenshots?
thank you!

You will need to remove the printhead to replace the dampers on the VJ-628 because of very short ink lines.