Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Foil cartridge motor does not stop running!

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by shloopter30, May 4, 2011.

1. shloopter30

shloopter30 New Member

May 4, 2011
    HELP! Edge 2 Foil cartridge motor does not stop running!

I turn on my Gerber Edge 2, and the foil feed motor starts running and won't stop. I can print but it immediately starts rolling material when I put the foil in the machine.

I've tried unplugging, new cables, factory default reset with no luck. Anyone out there that can help?

Bryan

Last edited: May 4, 2011
    Tags:
  2. shloopter30

shloopter30 New Member

May 4, 2011
    Well, I spoke with Gerber Tech support and guess what? They have never heard of this problem before. This is my luck. So I put a toggle switch on the feed ground wire to the motor and I'm able to at least get some jobs going. Still wasting a lot of material. I'm going to order a new driver board tomorrow and see if that helps. I suppose there aren't any of you out there with a spare driver board?

Thanks,

Bryan

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    wow.. sorry I'm no help.. I never heard of that one either

4. shloopter30

shloopter30 New Member

May 4, 2011
    Woohoo! Edge 2 is working again after a new $800 driver board. Easy install.