• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help for Océ Arizona 318GL

RogerZ

Good day! I've been working with an Arizona 318GL for more than 6 years and till' today I haven't had a issue like the one I have right now. Yesterday was working perfectly but suddenly today I send a print and the carriage moves normally to the setted coordinates both X and Y but now it stays 4-5 seconds on the place without moving and then does the two beep sound and returns to the origin like when it finishes a print and the only message I get on the screen is "Failed to print" nothing else.

There's nothing fisically obstructing the carriage and my only guess was that its an electronic issue, so I turned off the printer and blow the boards with compressed air, removing, blowing and reconnecting all the cables that I found on the printhead board, carriage board and the board that is in the back of the printhead, and still not printing.

Any idea of what cause this and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You could try blowing the gantry motors out to remove any carbon buildup. This helped up once upon a time as the brushes do eventually wear down.
I don't think this is the issue though if it successfully moves to the correct x/y coordinates.

RogerZ

You could try blowing the gantry motors out to remove any carbon buildup. This helped up once upon a time as the brushes do eventually wear down.
I don't think this is the issue though if it successfully moves to the correct x/y coordinates.
I'll try that, but you're right, I don't think that's the problem either, i'll keep trying.

Thanks!

NorthControl

I think, the Firewire link cable will be the problem. If you have the original yet, you need to replace it. This cause the similar problems 90 percent. (This communication cable connect the pci card and the head board.)

This is a low cost cable and you can find at digiprint-supplies around 100 eur, if I remember right.

I search the link for you:

https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...9t09-10m-3010103826-pcboc13057.html?category=

You can replace yourself, no need service assistance, if you like.

If you need more help, just say..

RogerZ

I think, the Firewire link cable will be the problem. If you have the original yet, you need to replace it. This cause the similar problems 90 percent. (This communication cable connect the pci card and the head board.)

This is a low cost cable and you can find at digiprint-supplies around 100 eur, if I remember right.

I search the link for you:

https://www.digiprint-supplies.com/...9t09-10m-3010103826-pcboc13057.html?category=

You can replace yourself, no need service assistance, if you like.

If you need more help, just say..
Thank you GregK, in deed was a cable problem but a different one, let me tell you:

After blowing all the boards of the printer I realized that the green beacon light on the carriege was off, even though the maintenance drawer was closed, so we checked with an electrician if the cable was running energy and it was not, so he made an improvised new cable with the connectors of the old cable and the green beacon was on again. Then I send a print and the problem was solved.

I've been working normally since yesterday so everything seems to indicated that this was the problem, i'll be working with the improvised cable while we buy the original one (3010109938).

Greetings!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Weird... our beacon hasn't lit up for probably three years but we can print without issues.
As long as you're sorted now and can print again, happy days.

NorthControl

Thank you GregK, in deed was a cable problem but a different one, let me tell you:

After blowing all the boards of the printer I realized that the green beacon light on the carriege was off, even though the maintenance drawer was closed, so we checked with an electrician if the cable was running energy and it was not, so he made an improvised new cable with the connectors of the old cable and the green beacon was on again. Then I send a print and the problem was solved.

I've been working normally since yesterday so everything seems to indicated that this was the problem, i'll be working with the improvised cable while we buy the original one (3010109938).

Greetings!

Thanks for the detailed ansver! I hope your machine will be running smooth, but the experience says other. If the beacon cable broken, it should affect only the green light. One of my 350xt hasnt got this cable and beacon light also missing.

I highly recommend to buy a new FIREWIRE link cable too, and take to the self for security reason.

Be well!

RogerZ

Thanks for the detailed ansver! I hope your machine will be running smooth, but the experience says other. If the beacon cable broken, it should affect only the green light. One of my 350xt hasnt got this cable and beacon light also missing.

I highly recommend to buy a new FIREWIRE link cable too, and take to the self for security reason.

Be well!
Thanks alot! I'll see how it goes while we buy this Firewire link cable.

Greetings!

RogerZ

Weird... our beacon hasn't lit up for probably three years but we can print without issues.
As long as you're sorted now and can print again, happy days.
Yeah it's weird, but I'm printing normally right now, so let's see how it goes in the next days.

Greetings!

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
I was having this exact problem last year as well. Our issue was the FireWire cable. Technician replaced it and were have been good to go since then.