• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Gerber Edge Cut Issue

KR3signguy

I’m able to print to the edge 2 with not problems.
Every time & go to cut it on the GS 15, it cuts at a different starting point or the first few repeats cut perfectly & then starts cutting the repeats at a different point. It is not a drift, it just jumps to a different random spot.
This can happen in the middle or start of each individual cut & it will proportionatly cut the contour wherever it wants. This is now happening to
varied files. I did a calibration, & it print & cut fine, go figure. It’s also pretty clean & the mechanics seem to be working fine.
This issue just started after years of usage.
I swapped out the cable & the same problem occured. Thought it may be a
communication issue.
I’m really having a hard time resolving this one.
I will truly appreciate any help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This happens to me occasionally.

If it's a single panel, I delete the PRM file and repeat the print and cut.

If it's a paneled job, I move the target from its normal center position to the lower left. That's a known bug and moving to the lower left eliminates the problem. I also never run repeats of paneled jobs.

KR3signguy

Thanks to Fred & Tony T
It's back working.
We slowed it down & dropped the bombsite to the lower corner.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!