• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help getting into digital printing.

wmshuman

Sorry to chime in so late, but I started out the same way in college. I started a home based dye sublimation print shop/vinyl cutting shop and have grown to a full-on sign shop with a Roland SP-300V and a Mimaki JV33-160 along with a 24" Graphtec cutter, 61" laminator and multiple dye sub printers.

I hope you don't live on a floor with multiple staircases cause carrying a 350 to 500 pound printer is not an easy task, even with four grown men. Don't forget, unless you have a straight through access to the room where your printer will be going, you may find that getting the printer in your apartment is going to be your biggest issue.

Most apartments that I have lived in over the years have a small entryway where you have to make a quick turn to access the other rooms of the apartment and not being able to tilt the printer up to make a sharp turn creates an issue.