• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help getting SignGo software to communicate with Graphtec 5000-60

Geminis076

Hello, sorry everyone, noob here with a noobie question :doh: .

I'm new to the Graphtec CE 5000-60 cutter, just recently purchased one after my chinese cutter quit on me :frustrated:. Still in the process of reading and trying to figure it out. It did come with the "Robo" software, however thanks to my chinese cutter I have become very comfortable with SignGo Lite and have the most experience with that program than anything else and I would really love to continue to use it . I am having trouble getting SignGo lite to communicate with the Graphtec machine, and I'm wondering if there are any common errors that may be causing things?

When I commence cutting in SignGo, it will send a command but the cutter will only cut a few dashes in a straight line and not the design I asked it to cut. So it is receiving information but not accurately. I've read and re-read every manual the Graphtec came with, things seem ok according to their set up but I'm sure there's something that's not set up properly, very new to this and I'm not sure what I should look at or try to change?

When I press the test button on the cutter it will do a test cut of their generic triangle successfully, so I know that is at least set up properly.

Here is some information that may help:

~Computer Platform = Windows XP
~Software = SignGo Lite
~Cutter = Graphtec CE 5000-60
~Purchased as a refurb. from Graphtec
~Command mode = both SignGo and the cutter are set to GP-GL
~USB cable connection
~This cutter is on the list of cutters in the program
~The appropriate Graphtec machine is the selected cutter in SignGo.

Thanks for any information :notworthy: !

Geminis076

Hi, just updating my question above. It looks like it was the "Step Size", the step size in the cutter and SignGo did not match. Changed those and the cutter is now responding to SignGo. But now I have a
graphics question which I'll ask separately :doh:.

Thank you.