• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Getting Started ?

Bunky67

I'm wanting to start cutting Vinyl as a hobby and see where it goes from there, I don't want to invest a ton of money right now until I see what happens, but I also don't want to have to spend a bunch to update later,

I found an older Roland 15" plotter for a really good price, but I really would like a 24" plotter, I have also read on here that the cheaper Chinese plotters are a waste of money, So I guess my Question is do I just start with the 15" to get started and then update ??

I also have found a complete set up pcut 630 plotter, computer, w software, heat press, for $1500, Would this be a alright deal to start with ?

401Graphics

Id get 24" or bigger. I started out with a cheap chinese cutter. It made me enough over a few years to buy a new mutoh printer and graphtec cutter.

bdawg8527

I got my gx-24 for 850. Its great and if you can find a used one for 800-1000 id snatch it up. We bought it used and have not had any problems with it in 2+ years of owning it. It has paid for itself many times over

Ken

As 401 said..but..I started with a Roland Stika 12 inch then a PCut ( which worked well for many years I still use it to cut reflective material) Then onto a Versacam and Graphtec cutter. So the Pcut package you refer to has my approval but you should be able to pay less than 1500. Ken

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Greetings, I'm just down the road in Hillsdale, MI.

As you begin your venture, don't neglect the importance of learning solid business skills. I was in business over five years before it dawned on me that I need to be learning more than just the "hand's-on" part.

Sooner or later, you'll get to a point where business savvy will be necessary to get to the next level. Don't short-change yourself....begin now.

JB

I started with a Pcut setup a long time ago and I would offer him no more than 850 for that setup unless it comes with tons and i mean tons of product

bernie

I'm wanting to start cutting Vinyl as a hobby and see where it goes from there, I don't want to invest a ton of money right now until I see what happens, but I also don't want to have to spend a bunch to update later,

I don't know what it is but ... I find that I'm not too receptive to people wanting to do this as a HOBBY. Maybe its the word hobby that grates on me.

Bernie

OldPaint

as an old roland user..........
#1. ROLAND didnt make a 15" plotter. they made a plotter that was 15", 18, & 20" model # PNC-1000 and the next one they made was a PNC-1000A, this one hada adjustable pinch rollers so you could cut vinly 2" to 20".
if this is what your calling a 15" plotter it is a workhorse and fast enough for you now........when you get some money together look for a ROLAND CX-300......30" vinyl.

Bunky67

Thanks For the Replies

Thanks for all the response's the Roland Plotter is a Camm-1 and she the lady told me it will cut 15" vinyl, so that's all I know and I since came across a Camm-1 PNC 1100 24" plotter so I think I will definitely go with a Roland,