• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help having banding problems on my mimaki jv33

DCSMITH

i am printing on paper i have no problems during the day while im here to watch it but when i set up for over night printing i come in and it has banded through most of my jobs i do ink fills and cleans every morning then it runs fine any solutions on how i can get the machines to run through the night without banding?

Last edited by a moderator:

DCSMITH

the machine was bought almost a year ago brand new and the capping station is fine the dampers have never been changed

I don't remember what Mimaki suggest but we change them every 3 to 4 months, sometimes sooner based on how much printing we are doing. I'd suggest changing them and see if that improves the problem.

Are you running Mimaki ink? I tried a third party and had banding issues.

~Chris

DCSMITH

yes im running mimaki ink and i print 24 hours a day so that probly wouldnt hurt to change the dampers anyways. thanks for your suggestion i hope it works