• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help hooking up vp-540 printer

signrios

I'm having some issues connecting to my new/used roland vp-540 printer :wink: that sounds good
the roland tech was here shortly getting it set up, but was called on an emergency, he'll be back next week, but i'm desperate to get this going, it has to start paying itself!!

it is plugged directly to a network card via a crossover cable.
ip on computer is 192.168.0.10 same as on the printer
255.255.255.0 default gateway.

on the roland tutorial it doesn't show anything about the default gateway, should it be left as is? no numbers?
computer its off the internet.

what else can i try?

Capital Signs

You may want to try it just in case. It may work, even though it's direct. I would give it a shot. Unfortunately that is the only way I hooked it up myself.

Dave L.

connect

Hey there. On your VP, go into the user menu down to network settings, it may first be under system info. There you can find the IP address of the machine. 192.168.001.XXX. You may have to set this. The last numbers are the only ones that have to be different from your computer's address. subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. Then install Versaworks, then it will ask you for the IP address on the machine. Input it and it should complete, your machine status would them be connected and/or ready to print. post progress. YOUR TECH LEFT YOU! He should have spend as much time as it takes with the customer, to fully understand their investment.

Capital Signs

i agree with dave. That's messed up that he left you for another emergency. I would have constituted yours an emergency if you are not printing!

signrios

i'm sorry for the late reply was a little occupied mon. and today digging 24" deep holes on 108 degres weather. it sucks!!
yeah he left in the middle of the install altought i got some training on the maintenance and operation of the machine, we were about to load versaworks when he got the call,
he comes out of San Antonio, he'll be back thurdsday morning while i'm here dying to test it out!!!
i have some work for it lined up already, i'm gonna do some full color banners for my relatives, of course i'm gonna charge them, they are rich they need to help out their poor cousin lol!

i have decided to wait for the tech! thanks for the help!!

Mike_Koval

I'm having some issues connecting to my new/used roland vp-540 printer :wink: that sounds good
the roland tech was here shortly getting it set up, but was called on an emergency, he'll be back next week, but i'm desperate to get this going, it has to start paying itself!!

it is plugged directly to a network card via a crossover cable.
ip on computer is 192.168.0.10 same as on the printer
255.255.255.0 default gateway.

on the roland tutorial it doesn't show anything about the default gateway, should it be left as is? no numbers?
computer its off the internet.

what else can i try?

in installing any vp-unit, i have always used a reqular network cable, never a crossover. I have only used a crossover for the sp-540 units.

As for the ip addys...
Printer - 192.168.000.110
Computer - 192.168.000.100 or anything other than 110 for that matter.
subnet masks - 255.255.255.000 on printer and computer

this should have you up and running.

if the tech would have tried that crap with me i would have told him to pack up the printer and take it with him. he can explain to roland why he just cost them a $20k sale!!!

lost profits for a week, they better be throwing in some training , hotel, airfare and more!!

a lack of planning on their part does'nt constatute an emergency on mine!!