Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - How do you print only a small sample of the graphic in Versaworks

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Signturesigns, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Signturesigns

Signturesigns Member

Apr 27, 2018
    New York
    I am printing a large scal graphic on my roland XC 540 printer and before I print the entire graphic I want to sample a certain section so I can see if the color spot color I chose will print correctly. How Do i select just that portion to print?

Tags:
  2. JulieS

JulieS Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Columbia, SC
    It's a button at the bottom of the left side called "Clip & Tile." You just drag to zoom in on the portion you want to print, then make sure the other portions are grayed out (right click inside those sections if they're not). Then to go back and print the whole thing, drag your edges back out. This is for Versaworks 4.4, not sure if it has changed in newer versions...

• Like Like x 1
  3. fuzzy_cam

fuzzy_cam The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy

Mar 7, 2017
    Granbury, TX
    Not sure what design or production software you are using, but when we need to do this we always make a rectangle the width of the print media X [whatever height needed] and use it as a mask and print that.

4. IDB Signs

IDB Signs Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Portland, TN
    I am running the most recent version (1.6.13) of Versaworks Dual, and it is still the same.