Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP i just lost half of my black ink!

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by AllinSignco, Mar 28, 2008.

1. AllinSignco

AllinSignco New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    So I just changed the Magenta printhead (PH#2)on my JV3-160SP and in order to get the pieces back together (i.e. printhead cover and that stuff) I had to remove on of the rear black damper to get access. I quickly replaced it and finished the install. So now the magenta looks GREAT ! but I lost half the black on my test draw! !! ! any iideas? I am going to start with replacing the dampers on the black on monday but I needed a print today, any suggestions?

:help:

Tags:
  2. scallahan

scallahan Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Did you try doing a fill. This will some times get the ink going again.

3. eforer

eforer Active Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Warwick, RI
    Try priming with a syringe.

4. Nuagedesigns

Nuagedesigns Member

May 7, 2007
    Seymour, CT
    as scallahan said try doing a fill you probabbly just got some air in the line. usually once or twice and your giood.

5. DARLAK

DARLAK Guest

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

6. Case

Case Member

Jul 21, 2004
    IN
    clean the heck out of your capping station, especially on the black cap where you are having the issue... really clean and saturate it with your cleaning solution and foam swabs....

case

7. victimssun

victimssun New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Def use a syringe to pull some ink through the damper. Should bring it back.