• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! I need a service manual for an XC-540

Having a service manual doesn't make anyone a service tech. It's the information NOT printed in service manuals that makes a good tech...it's call experience.

mrkawliga

I realize this but I have been in component level electronic repair for over 15 years and am quite confident in my ability to service my own printer, I am responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of 911 centers throughout my region. I haven't the experience with printers that others in that field may have but I am more than capable of servicing my own machines as I have my last three. A service manual is just another tool required for such service. I agree completely with your statement, however, I have done component level repair in my SP-540V and the Roland techs in my area want to sell you the whole board. So one could also question their ability as well, experience or not. Pay $500 for a board or $0.50 for a SMT resistor. Thanks!

Sadly, yes, there are some "techs" who cannot repair, solder, or service much else. I do not agree with selling the whole board when a $0.50 fuse is out...