• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help I need an IP Address for My XC 540

TNT

I have a new computer OS Windows 7. Running Versaworks 4.0. Its asking for the IP address. I don't know how to find that. Can anyone help?

TNT

I believe that is what I need. I am not sure if it is a port address or a printer address that I need.

round man

open a command prompt window and type

ipconfig /all

then hit enter

the resulting information should show any information you need

Graphics2u

open a command prompt window and type

ipconfig /all

then hit enter

the resulting information should show any information you need
This will only show tthe IP of the computer you're on. Think he needs the ip address of the printer which he will need to get through the menu of the printer and it may need to be changed to one compatible with their network.

round man

he should be able to access it under the properties for the printer in control panel then,..it should be under the connection tab under advanced properties

nate

he should be able to access it under the properties for the printer in control panel then,..it should be under the connection tab under advanced properties

With the Rolands, like many others, you don't actually need to setup the printer in Windows. It's done through Versaworks, of which you will need the IP Address of the printer to make things work.

To get/change the IP address of the printer you do as described above: Hit Menu-- Go to System Info-- Go to Network-- Go to IP Address.

You can use the IPCONFIG method above to see where your computer is at. You'll want both network settings to be similar (ie 192.168.1.2 printer, 192.168.1.3, computer), and both following the same gateway (ie 192.168.1.1). Your numbers could be and are probably different than my examples.