• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help! I need to hang signs....

RaceWrap

I have 21 1/2 in. Ultraboard signs that need to be hung from open web joist. The boards are 5x5 and weigh about 12 lbs each. I am using 1/16 cable but don't know the best method for attaching the signs to the cable. I do not want to just drill holes in the board and run the cable through.

I feel like this is a common install, do any of you guys have a clip, clamp, hook or anything that is commonly used for this type of install. I want it to be sturdy but not expensive.

Any help would be great.

saktrnch

At a lot of hardware stores you can get a D ring with a tab with a hole in it. You can screw into the bottom or top cord to hang them. DO NOT cut through the center web.

SignosaurusRex

I hope that is Stainless Steel cable you are using. If its not...you might want to reconsider. Additionally... you might want to use the plastic shielded cable as well. I would also consider using brass cable crimps and double loop the cable through the crimp. Aluminum crimps used with non-shielded stainless cable will be susceptible to electrolysis corrosion. Plastic shielded S.S. cable and brass crimps are available from any commercial fishing supply.

Mosh

They are Ultraboard, they will not last long enough for electrolysis corrosion to happen.

iSign

Stainless-Shackle-Screw-Pin%5CChain-Shackle-US-type-Over-Size-Screw-Pin.jpg

SignosaurusRex

They are Ultraboard, they will not last long enough for electrolysis corrosion to happen.

I was thinking of another material. oops. 5' x 5' ultra board???
Mosh.....Electrolysys can happen pretty damned fast in some environments and can result in disaster, even if it is only Ultraboard.