• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help identify this product!

cdiesel

Hi all,
I've got a client wanting to use a sign holder that I can't seem to find anywhere. It’s some sort of thin, clear acrylic, PET or styrene that opens on the bottom to allow a sign to be inserted. These will be attached on the backside to deli display cases using double sided tape. I've seen them in stores in 48" and 72" lengths, and they're about 8" high. I've Googled for hours and contacted all of our normal suppliers with no luck. Any ideas?

cdiesel

I would make these, but I don't have a break. These are 48" and 72" long. Everytime we've tried to bend longer stuff it ends up getting all funky??

Letterbox Mike

Can you tell if they were extruded/molded in that shape and cut to length or if these were heated and bent? I can't imagine trying to heat bend something that long and keeping it perfect the whole length.

cdiesel

I don't know Mike.. I can't really get an up close look at these things (they're in use at one of my client's competitor's stores, and I've already been kicked out twice). If I had to guess, I'd say they were bent.

FFR-DSI doesn't have them. They were my first call. Outwater was my 2nd call, they don't have them either, but are looking into custom manufacturing these for me. I've called pretty much every other POP & display distributor on the first three pages of Google.

jiarby

Check with the guys at Laird Plastics by the west end of the airport , or Jason at Port Plastics in Chandler... they can steer you to a fabricator that can bend 48"....

Can you redesign it to be easier to make?

CES020

+1 on calling the plastics supplier. We have Piedmont Plastics here and every time I go in the back to pick up materials, they have a stack of pieces like that, all bent, on the shelf. I asked one of the guys if they did it there, he said one of their branches did it, and those were for a specific customer. He said they could do most anything we needed.

So I'd give your normal plastics supplier a call. I'm sure they can source it for you and probably very reasonable.