Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! I'm looking for good 13oz gloss banner media.

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by RG, Mar 1, 2020.

1. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    I always liked Forward 13oz banner. But Grimco has stopped selling it. I was going to try their Briteline 13oz banner, but was turned off by all the bad reviews. Now they don't sell it any more. Grimco's Duratex 13oz gloss gets some bad reviews, too. Any suggestions for a good, everyday 13oz banner and suppliers will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Tags:
  2. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    We went through a similar experience when Grimco dropped Key Banner. Have had pretty good experience with Arlon DPF 313.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. akuarela

akuarela Member

Jul 29, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Have not tried it yet, but the Graphic Solutions StarPrint HT banner. Still have a little bit stock of Forward.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    JetFlex from Fellers.

5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I have been content with the Duratex. I really like the Key Banner, was accepting of the Briteline, and was hesitant about the Duratex. I've been through various rolls of the brand and it's all run well except one of the very first ones. Everything in the Grimco labeled tubes has been good. It thermal hems really clean. Smoother than the Briteline 13oz. The 15oz Blockout is pretty nice too. I don't print glossy banner, but I'd say it's good to go.