• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help in bringing hp 9000s back to life!

MachServTech

(from one of my old posts)

Acetone is a cheap chemical that is compatible with this machines ink lines and o-rings. I have recovered 4 HP9000s and a HP10000 that were uncapped as long as 1 year. You will need mechanical skills to do this.

1. Replace all of the subtank pump tubing (this is where these machines always clog and harden if they sit too long) there are six.
I have not found a non OEM replacement for these.
(source from Seiko)

Seiko Instruments USA Inc., Infotech Division
2060 Wineridge Place, Suite A, Escondido,
CA 92029, USA
Tel: +1-760-781-5200
Fax: +1-760-745-1195

ColorPainter Series
spacer.gif
Sales: ColorPainterinfo@siu-infotech.com
Technical Support: ColorPaintersupport@siu-infotech.com

2. Replace the dampers (you may be able to get away with not doing this if you can draw ink through the lines to the printhead without it retreating)

3. Replace the capping station tubing (also may not be necessary if your capping station pumps work)

4. Capping station pump tubing

5. Remove each printhead and place in ultrasonic jewelry cleaner (stainless steel) with acetone

6. prime prime prime flush flush flush

If you do this process correctly you will have a working machine.

Good evening.
You can send me the manual please for onedesignportugal@mail.com

Thank you very much:bushmill:

i have a 9000s and when it works they work great. they arent the most reliable machines like a mutoh or something but they are very high quality also. i have a service manual if that would help you out. i believe it has all the part numbers and everything. pm me if you want it and ill hook you up with a link for you to download it.

thanks.

eye4clr

Hello to all.
Does anyone know the tubing specification for the prime pumps?
I notice they have a thinner wall than the others (and are more flexible). In another forum someone suggested "Tygon" hoses (watching their datasheet - Tygon 2075 seems optimal), buy where I live I can only buy it by rolls (50 ft), and it is VERY expensive.
And here, HP only offers the complete pumps, not only the hose.
I hope someone can recommend me a better option.
Thank you in advance.

BUMP!

I'm looking for the same thing. Can anyone help?

artbot

you can get all diameters and material types of hoses on smallparts.com. you'll need a calliper to measure what you already have to compare to the descriptions on the website.

eye4clr

you can get all diameters and material types of hoses on smallparts.com. you'll need a calliper to measure what you already have to compare to the descriptions on the website.

That f*&^'n rocks! Thanks for the link.

Looks like I need 1/4" and they have the tygon 2075 clear. I'm assuming that's my fit.

artbot

the hoses are so cheap, and you can order such small quantities, i'd suggest getting the one you feel you need and a little of the size above and below. i get lots of fittings from them and half the time wish i'd just shotgunned out a few extra sizes.

eye4clr

Stop making so much sense, damn you. You'll make this too easy.

If I don't make 3 trips to home depot for a simple project I don't feel like I'm really trying hard enough.