Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help in hanging a flat aluminum wall sign

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by Jackflush, Jul 13, 2019 at 1:36 PM.

1. Jackflush

Jackflush Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Bragg CA
    I recently got an order for a 60x30 in. graphic that will go in the fish shop. I suggested putting it on aluminum and now I havent a clue what is the best technique to hang it. Its on B Bond 1/8 inch thick. I am figuring that I will screw something onto the back from the front before I stick on the sticker. But I sure could use some guidance today. Thanks

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    1/8" doesn't allow a lot of room to flush mount a bolt. Might be better off using cleats VHBd to the back.
    Or vhb and lexel direct to wall. Other option is to screw right thru the face and use some cap covers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jackflush

Jackflush Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Bragg CA
    Thats great, can you show me an example of VBH and the cleats?

4. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Just silicone and VHB the hell out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jackflush

Jackflush Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Fort Bragg CA
    Ok good... I am decided to get those screws with the covers. and put in a beveled hardwood hanging board like they use on floating shelves.

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    If there was some rhyme or reason for suggesting an aluminum substrate..... are you kinda nixing that reason out by now afixing the whole thing with wood ?? Why not skip the cheap ACM and just do it on wood ??

Besides, what kinda wall is it ?? The surface and whatnot.

7. Jun Lanon

Jun Lanon Member

Oct 9, 2018
    California
    I've used small standoff on aluminum signs.

• Like Like x 1