• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help - InDesign - PDF Printing Gradient issue

switch

Hi

I have designed a banner and added a gradient, and drop shadow to the file. When I print from InDesign the file comes out exactly right. However when I export to High Quality PDF - on screen it looks fine but when I print from PDF the gradient comes out black - the whole gradient area is a big black block???

Deadline is tomorrow any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

iSign

Hi,
I would tend to think of exporting as a .tif just because 90% of the large format inkjet output I handle is done that way.

Can you export .tif files out of indesign? Otherwise, if you could open the indesign file in either illustrator, photoshop, or acrobat without losing the gradient, then export from there maybe.

Most people here put their equipment info in their profile, or their signature... or at least in the posts when they are asking for help.

There are some many systems out their & different folks have experience with different setups.

switch

Hi

Im outsourcing the printing, the printers have told that I could use high quality PDF- but to make sure its printing properly. Which is when I found the gradient issue. I have designed the banner using Mac in Indesign and was justing printing mock ups on the office printer.

Brandee

[SIZE=-1]Try saving it as a [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]PDF-X1A and see if you still have the same problem. Also, the printer you are using for the test print may not be handling PostScript properly.

I would send a low-resolution JPG along with your PDF to show the printer how the final product should look.

Good luck!
[/SIZE]