• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP ink limits in Flexi rip

Spencer McMurtry

Hello everybody! i am hoping someone can help me with banding i keep getting!

i am currently running flexi 7.6v2 as a rip and printing with a jv3-160s setup in CMYK LC LM traingle JVS ink. i am making all my own profiles, using Flexi 7.6v2 and Profile maker 5 with a eyeone pro.

i am printing 50/45 heat 720x720 unidir 8 pass, tried 50/50 heat and 40/40 heat.

however no matter what i seem to do i am getting banding! i believe the banding i am getting is called bleeding from it laying down to much ink and the last pass not drying before laying down another. i have tried raising the heat lowing and lowing the ink ink limits just about everything i can think of and i am still extremely lost as to why i keep getting banding. when i lower the ink limits there is no banding but the profiles have no color to them...

the printer is running perfect as far as i can tell! (i have sent a PRN file straight to the printer with no rip and it looks great with no banding) if anyone can help me out it would be GREATLY appreciated! I would prefer to talk on the phone as it would be a lot easier to explain what is going on!

in the mean time if anyone has any profiles for a jv3-160s with CMYK Lc Lm triangle JVS ink and flexi 7.6v2 or flexi 8.5 can you send me them?

Thanks for your time!,
Spencer

gabagoo

I dont mean to ask a dumb question but have you checked your media compensation on the Mimaki? I seem to always be adjusting it from job to job.

Spencer McMurtry

I dont mean to ask a dumb question but have you checked your media compensation on the Mimaki? I seem to always be adjusting it from job to job.
Yep! i check it with a 60x scope, it is perfect.

I forgot to ad what kind of media i am printing on, it is doing it on everything i print on 3164G and 3m 180c v3. it does not do it on banner however i think it is because the texture hides it? anyone know a idea of what the ink limits / multi ink limits should be with this setup?

Spencer McMurtry

what settings do you use in profile maker for the max amount of ink it can lay 300%? or? how do you find out the max ink a media can hold?

Thanks!