• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help installing a new printer!

DRamm76

I have to ask..where and who did you buy this "New" printer from. There had to be some sort of instruction. I can see if people had issues getting this stuff with used machines but NEW?!?!

WrapperX

Here's your first problem Day Tripper - Each printer is different. Just because it is in the same place as the old one and using the same cable doesn't mean that it will be recognized by your CPU.

Is the old printer the same kind of printer as the new one? The only way that I could see there being a remote chance of just plugging it in and going is if it was the EXACT SAME printer model. But even that would be unlikely.

Did your "new" come with any software discs? Did it come with any driver discs? Did it come with a manual?

Letterbox Mike

24 posts and not a single answer for this poor guy. Come on - be nice....

OK OK..

to the OP, can you detail your setup? What printer is it exactly? RIP? Connection? What driver version? Who did you buy from and are their techs not able to help, or did you buy this used? Specifically what problem are you having (aside from how do I set it up)? Do you have any experience setting up a printer?

We're all here to help you, but we need to know more details before we can offer that help, otherwise we all just turn into highschoolers around here... :munchie:

It's all in good fun though. Clue us in, you'll get a helpful response.

My bad - 22 posts - Mike and JC did give some sort of input...
Oh man, yeah I was just looking for some helpful information, but I guess I didn't end up with any here at all.
But anyways, to answer some guys question on here, yes, it's a new one. I have three (3) jv33-160's and the brand new one is a jv33-130. I ended up fixing the problem myself. Took me a while, but once I slept on it, I got it running in no time.
But as far as this forum goes, I really wasn't given any sort of insight I initially expected, but just got bombarded with "oh dears" and whatnot. But oh well.

Vinylman

Oh man, yeah I was just looking for some helpful information, but I guess I didn't end up with any here at all.
But anyways, to answer some guys question on here, yes, it's a new one. I have three (3) jv33-160's and the brand new one is a jv33-130. I ended up fixing the problem myself. Took me a while, but once I slept on it, I got it running in no time.
But as far as this forum goes, I really wasn't given any sort of insight I initially expected, but just got bombarded with "oh dears" and whatnot. But oh well.
Do you think the fact that YOU failed to put this most important piece of the equation in your first post regarding your problem MIGHT HAVE played into the initial confusion??:thumb:

Your first post on this matter was more than cryptic, and less than basic information for you to expect any helpful replies. Please don't blame US for your failure to communicate in a reasonable manner.
You must have come back to this thread several times in order to pick up on the first 10-12 responses, and yet you never added any additional in put??

WHO'S FAULT IS THAT?:banghead:

Do you think the fact that YOU failed to put this most important piece of the equation in your first post regarding your problem MIGHT HAVE played into the initial confusion??:thumb:

Your first post on this matter was more than cryptic, and less than basic information for you to expect any helpful replies. Please don't blame US for your failure to communicate in a reasonable manner.
You must have come back to this thread several times in order to pick up on the first 10-12 responses, and yet you never added any additional in put??

WHO'S FAULT IS THAT?:banghead:

Failed? Pfft. Right. Keep thinking that ;)

WrapperX

Failed? Pfft. Right. Keep thinking that ;)

If I didn't know any better - it seems like you're copping an attiditude here - REALLY:help

Your first post WAS very criptic. It didn't explain anything about your problem other then that you couldn't connect a printer and you expect the readers to just jump in and give you the answers...I even tried to stick up for you and get these fine people to help.

Next time you want help - give more info. Write your post - READ it alloud to yourself and ask yourself- "If this wasn't my post would I be able to understand what it's asking - Does it makes sense" Cause when I read your first post it was a terrible use of sentance structure and conveying any message that makes any sense.

And when people point out that you sound like a moron for not posting enough info it's because your first post was written like it was from a moron!

:frustrated:

MachServTech

No, no, no, no, no. This JV3 is electrical. But I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.