• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help Installing Fonts

mcgrawdesigns

I just recently started using Flexi 8.5, I have run Gerber software for the past twelve years. I am wondering if anybody knows of a way install all of the fonts ( roughly 1,000) I was using in Gerber (GSPFonts) and get them into my Flexi program. Also, if I buy additional fonts can I simply install them into my computer control panel under fonts and they will work in Flexi?

high impact

You can't install fonts into flexi. Install them in your fonts folder in control panel like normal. Then you must reopen flexi...flexi loads the fonts every time you open the program.

GK

if you plan on installing 1,000 + fonts just use a font manager program such as Extensis Suitcase or FontExpert 2007

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Flexi uses standard TrueType, Type 1 and OpenType. Gerber unfortunately has remained with their proprietary fonts since the beginning. You will not be able to use the Gerber fonts in Flexi except by setting up in Gerber and exporting as EPS or by using the Flexi capability to open a Gerber PLT file.

mcgrawdesigns

So, Fred. If I import a plt. file into Flex that I have designed in Gerber, will Flexi recognize the font and install it in my system?

mcgrawdesigns

One more thing I forgot to add, besides thank you for your responses, was this Flexi program is on a new computer and my Gerber setup is on another computer. I had lots of fonts from Letterhead Fonts, SignFonts, Sign DNA, etc. That I had installed on my old system from an email link that the companies sent me when I purchased the fonts. Is there anyway that I can get them out of my old fonts folder and install them on my new computer? Just searching for something so all of those fonts aren't gone for good.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
One more thing I forgot to add, besides thank you for your responses, was this Flexi program is on a new computer and my Gerber setup is on another computer. I had lots of fonts from Letterhead Fonts, SignFonts, Sign DNA, etc. That I had installed on my old system from an email link that the companies sent me when I purchased the fonts. Is there anyway that I can get them out of my old fonts folder and install them on my new computer? Just searching for something so all of those fonts aren't gone for good.

You can certainly copy any fonts in your font folder or any other folder where you may have fonts archived. Any font that is installed on your old system should be retrievalbe. I'd suggest that you also put them on a separate storage device such as a CD to protect your investment.

Letterhead Fonts has a fairly unique system for hiding their fonts but if you are a legal licensee I think they will allow you to download them again.