• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help: Issue Error: 56 - Extract Ulk file Mutoh 1204E

José Camilo

Hello, I sent the mpi file to get the ULK for Mutoh 1204E, I am in Brazil, however the supplier can not extract because an error appears (in the image). I have already updated the firmware and heather, but still the error persists. Can anyone help me with this question?
open

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We don't do it this way in America so I don't have any experience with it but I would assume Mutoh needs to get the mpi file so they can send you a ULK file back. The dealer wouldn't have access to that usually. The way we do it here is when you register the printer, it gives you a code and you input it into the printer to activate it.

Chris1213

As VanderJ suggested, the dealer usually cannot extract the .mpi to produce a .ulk file for you to unlock the printer, they would need to send the .mpi to Mutoh which would then send the dealer .ulk to be uploaded to your printer.

Perhaps the file transfer was interrupted when you downloaded the .mpi file, leaving the file corrupt - in which case the Mutoh would be unable to unlock and your dealer would tell you there was an error extracting.

Confirm the .mpi file downloaded from the printer was fully transferred, and consider resending a new .mpi file for Mutoh to unlock.