• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! JV3 Half filled dampener? Causes?

dhsigns

My Light cyan dampener will not fill but half way, what could be the cause of this? Any suggestions?

dhsigns

just did a head wash and still no luck with lc but now I can't get my black and magenta to fill....wtf it isn't monday!

MindsEyeOpen

When the pumps engage do the dampeners "suck in"?

You may need to "prime" the dampener. I had to do that several times on my old JV3-160.

MindsEyeOpen

Just look at the side of it when the pump engages. You should see the plastic membrane flexing as it draws ink through it.

MikePro

ink pump and/or capping station issue is my best guess...

need a tech? i moonlight. otherwise I can try to give all the info I can to help.
But first, you gotta intro yourself in the newbies section otherwise I can't do any more than welcome you to signs101!

artbot

get an automotive stethoscope. turn off all noise making things in the room. no ac, no pc fans, etc. pull a vacuum with a syringe at the waste line pump to the offending heads. listen for air leaking. if the cap is sealed and the manfold/dampers are seated and or not cracked and there are no air leaks at the fittings, you should hear no noise and get a solid vacuum. if you get a light vacuum and some noise, listen between the cap and the manifold with the stethoscope to locate if the air is above or below the head.

if you get a solid pull, no air, but no ink, it's probably that you have you pumps clogging. in that case, pour solvent down the caps while pulling aggressively at the waste line.

that would be my first ten minutes of discovery before cursing the mimaki gods.