• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help JV33 few different problems

eyesigns

We recently moved locations and our printer had to be tilted almost vertical to get down a section of stairs and in the process the movers bumped it around a few times.

Got to the new place and everything seemed fine, switched to a third party ink and did the discharge and wash and the ink fill routine. Again everything seemed good.

Now for the problems

I came in the one morning and the test pattern was lacking quite a bit, did some hard cleans and it worked fine for that awhile. Little bit of overspray on text appeared. Had about a 2 hr lapse between runs and once again the test pattern was pretty bad.

Talked to some mimaki techs and one said it wouldn't hurt to rerun the discharge and wash and ink fill, in case the was somehow air in the line. I
did all that and then set the head to soak overnight.

Next morning test pattern was blank. I called the techs again and he had me check the compression dampers , everything was ok there.

The only way I could get the test pattern back was to basically run an ink fill for every color, 2 per color

On techs advice I removed the capping station and put it back in. After I did this I noticed now that all of my ink cartridge lights are blinking red on the top light, while the ones with ink still have the green light also.

Everything was unplugged from the wall during maintenance and the printer is still printing. Still getting a slight overspray and having to run a cleaning between each print. If I get the pattern good and run stuff back to back it stays going, but if I stop I have to clean and ink fill some of the time

Sorry for the very long post

Thanks in advance:thumb:

Rooster

Sounds like your 3rd party inks are drying too quickly on the heads between maintenance cleanings. Increase the frequency of your maintenance cleanings and it should keep the heads fresher.

You never mentioned what kind of inks you changed from or too. If you went from eco-sols to a 3rd party solvent this would create exactly the problem you describe, as they dry much quicker. It would also be wise to check the humidity level in the new facility.

BoF

It reads to me as if the head isnt being capped properly.
Was the printer working OK beforte you moved it with the same ink?

A red light above the cartridge means that it has run out of ink and you need to change it!

themimakiguy

The overspray is definetly a characteristic of the 3rd party inks, but the drop out problem sounds like something was bumped around and now you are losing suction.