• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Mastercutter problem!

Crewey

Hi guys (and girls), I am new to this, but have recently purchased a second hand Mastercutter plotter (it says to install as a Graphtec ce2000). I have tried it connected to my PC via the USB but it will not work. The guy I bought it from said that he was never able to get it working from the USB so used it on the Serial port. My computer doesn't have a serial port so I bought a USB to Serial cable. However, every print just "fails"immediately. It wont even do a test print from the computer. I have been working on this for weeks now and feel that I will never get it working. Please could somebody help me???????? I would be very grateful of any advice (apart from "throw it through the window!")
Thanks
Crewey

PS, I have changed the port to another USB. The print doesn't 2fail" anymore, but the plotter does not respond. It just sits there quietly in the corner!

Bigdawg

Just Me
First of all don't let all the slams you are about to get about having a Masters Cutter get to you... call it a rite of passage lol

I used a serial to USB cable on mine and it worked fine... please tell me you aren't using an older computer with the old USB ports...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you sending vectors to it or a bitmap? You can't "print" with a plotter. You can only cut and vector paths are what the plotters needs to have a path to follow.

What software are you sending the job from? Your profile lists Corel X4 but you probably still need bridge software to drive the plotter.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not familiar with Artcut but that is what you have the best chance of succeeding with. Do your design in Corel and export an EPS. Then open the EPS in Artcut. Setup Artcut to see the plotter and send something simple like a square until it works.

tanneji

by the by you definiteyl need to get some more RAM ... it's rediculously cheap right now and will give you a huge performance boost ... it could even be tying up the plotter software because it doesnt have enough to process anything ... long shot but a possibility nonetheless

cleanmywound

make sure the driver for the serial to usb is up to date, had to do this for an IOgear brand cable. and see if you can get a driver for the master, had that problem before.

Sticker Dude

sounds to me ou have no driver for the cutter
call or email master cutter and tell them you lost the driver for artcut them will send you a download for the driver but DO NOT tell them you bought the cutter used
I had a Master made thousands from it know a few friends as well have master cutter You will get bashed on here badly because of the cheap cutter that does just as good as the expensive one
Good luck on your hunt

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here's a link to their website. They have a downloadable driver for CorelDRAW up to version 12. I think your best suggestion however is to write or phone them for a driver for your ArtCut.

Crewey

Is it a Mastercutter?

Hi guys, thanks for all of your suggestions. I'm still having no luck! I have installed Flexisign 8.5 and re-installed the cutter. Ihave tried all of the available Comm ports. On most of them the job fails immedaitely. On one of the Virtual USB ports it says it's cutting, but stays at 0%. I have tried turning off the cutter, but to no avail. I am now wondering if this cutter is indeed a Master Cutter (as it was advertised). There are few identifying marks on it apart from a serial number (2084) and a type number (MT871). I will try to attach a photo. Could anybody help me to identify the exacy make and model of this cutter, then I might be able to get the right driver?
Thanks in advance
Crewey

Attachments

• PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 73

signmeup

Doesn't look like my Master cutter. The control panel is different and my cutter is very pale gray...almost white. Mine is model XY-300P

igneous

might want to reboot and access your bios and make sure your serial port(s) are enabled

i know this sounds funny but i was having trouble communicating with my graphtec 410075 when i first set it up and COULDN'T, for the life of me, figure out what was wrong - the port was disabled :doh: