Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me Obi Wan....SP300 banding

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Impact Image, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Impact Image

Impact Image Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Sorry for a repeat. I know this has been covered before.

I'm to the point now where I guess I have to look at manually adjusting the head. All tests print fine.

I have to reprint some damaged panels from a past job (prior to the banding issues) and I'm having to print at 16 passes/2 overprints to get it gone. Now I have to adjust color profiles to match older stuff to account for more ink. It's also taking for-friggin-ever!!

Am I missing something? Usually when I've beaten my head against a wall as hard as I have about this there was a solution I never thought of.

Is there a feed rate adjustment I'm missing?

Another note. Banding is much worse with vector images versus raster. Could I just be imagining that?

Arrrggghhh!

Thanks in advance.

I'm searching the forums until I see a reply.

Tags:
  2. Impact Image

Impact Image Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Prints do look wonderful at 16/2/720. I think I'm just going to start allowing more time for jobs. I've spent more time trying to troubleshoot the thing than it would've taken to finish the 3 panels.

Anybody know a good Roland tech in the southeast? I'm a better designer than printer fixer.