• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me Obi Wan....SP300 banding

Impact Image

Sorry for a repeat. I know this has been covered before.

I'm to the point now where I guess I have to look at manually adjusting the head. All tests print fine.

I have to reprint some damaged panels from a past job (prior to the banding issues) and I'm having to print at 16 passes/2 overprints to get it gone. Now I have to adjust color profiles to match older stuff to account for more ink. It's also taking for-friggin-ever!!

Am I missing something? Usually when I've beaten my head against a wall as hard as I have about this there was a solution I never thought of.

Is there a feed rate adjustment I'm missing?

Another note. Banding is much worse with vector images versus raster. Could I just be imagining that?

Arrrggghhh!

Thanks in advance.

I'm searching the forums until I see a reply.

Impact Image

Prints do look wonderful at 16/2/720. I think I'm just going to start allowing more time for jobs. I've spent more time trying to troubleshoot the thing than it would've taken to finish the 3 panels.

Anybody know a good Roland tech in the southeast? I'm a better designer than printer fixer.