• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me pick a calendered wrap vinyl

300mphGraphics

I agree with wildside but if the customer insists on going with the cheaper vinyl, my customers have had success with the Arlon DPF4560GTX and a Cast laminate like Arlon 3220. The laminate stabilizes the calendared vinyl and protects the print. This combination can be used on flat surface's and some curves but absolutely no corners or rivets.
I've used the Arlon both with cast and with calendared. The calendared lasted almost 2 years on the sides of my truck bed and removed cleanly with minimal effort.

stusatwork

Arlon DPF4560GTX

Definitely Arlon 4560GTX or MTX with 3220 series laminate. IJ40C is good too but pair it with a cast lam for partial wraps.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
I am aware that I am not a premium subscriber and only described as a college freshman but I had a question that had been bypassed. "How is Avery's Calendared wrap vinyl?"

Seems to me Signs 101 should be split into 2 forums. VIP and average users, you know...the ones that are running their business and don't have time to sit back at their computer all day and just shoot the sh*t with other paying ego maniacs.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I am aware that I am not a premium subscriber and only described as a college freshman but I had a question that had been bypassed. "How is Avery's Calendared wrap vinyl?"

Seems to me Signs 101 should be split into 2 forums. VIP and average users, you know...the ones that are running their business and don't have time to sit back at their computer all day and just shoot the sh*t with other paying ego maniacs.

An excellent way to get others to warm up to you for sure! :rolleyes: If you think the "paid" members have all that free time you are sadly mistaken. We pay because this forum is an invaluable resource of information. More likely the reason no one has replied is because WE ARE WORKING and it might actually even be possible that no one who has used Avery's calendared vinyl you asked about has happened across your post. Buy hey - insulting everyone might work too.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Well, here's some really good advice for you. Go start your forum [probably call it signs 106] and have fun. Wishing you all the best and don't let the door hit you on the way out. :snarky

Good Grief...... why such the goodie goodie attitude ?? I ain't paying..... Am I one of your ego maniacs shootin' the crap ??

College Freshman, but you act like a spoiled little second-grader. :popcorn:

DesireeM

Just calm the heck down jeeze....feeling a little insecure? There are lots of reason no one answered you... I can assure you there is no discrimination of titles here on signs101. I am an unpaid member(for over a year) and sure as shi* I get an answer almost every time. And since I have experience with Avery I also have an answer to your question...not that you deserve it.

Avery does not sell a calendered wrap vinyl. They sell calendared vinyl but not for wraps.
They sell a printable cast vinyl for vehicle wraps and two kinds of solid colored vinyl that can be used for wrapping. Avery900 Supercast and Avery Supreme wrapping film.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I wouldn't even recommend Avery wrap vinyl to my worst enemy! They screwed over more companies then any mfg in the industry. I will never trust Avery again!