• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help me please........

steriltech

Hi All I have been busting my brain on how to do this I tried an I tried. I clicked a copied a picture a the us flag...I then wrote
AMERA-CUT placed it over but for some reason my exclude common dose not work? If I picked a box form my shapes an then a star it works? I want to be able to see the flag on the wording... is the picture a diff format? How can I go about this matter at hand.:thankyou:

Derf

Take your text and make it a compound path.

Move the flag UNDER the text where you want it

select the flag & the compound path and apply a mask!

this works in the flexi that you have and other vector programs such as Illustrator. assuming your still not using flexi 5X or AI_3.0

slappy

steril-tech
I see your going with my idea and i wish i could help but i never really tried to do it except for the day i wanted to show you but i couldn't figure it out either in flexi. i was also thinking for the "-" maybe make it look like an actual plotter blade;) (maybe even with the word cut welded inside the blade)

steriltech

I think I can I think I can......

Hi slapakiss,
I was digging your idea a lot!!!!!! Yeah the flag as AMERA-CUT and yes the blade also but I'm having trouble inlaying the flag in AMERA-CUT?I got a awesome picture off the net copy an pasted it on flexi but when I When I place AMERA-CUT over it nothing happens??I can see it in my head It would look awesome and yes the roland blade added to the CUT that woild be the shaft of the T would look KOOL!!!:U Rock: .When I get it I will post it as soon as I no how...LOL

steriltech

almost there

I just did what derf said to do and it worked!!! I guess thats why hes the master of arts..:Cool 2: Slapakiss thanks for the idea I will show you guys once I am done:U Rock:

steriltech

moo moo again

THIS IS DRIVING ME TO DRINK! I did what derf said and it worked. I selacked my text an compoud path but I tried to do it again to make sure I got it and once I high light the text the compound dose not work Derf do I have to use a curten color? I got it before? Let me know what I did wrong. I had to open me nouth an say I got it did I....:Oops:

Hollywood

Bold type is hard on the eye's, try not using it so much so we will want to read more, just a suggestion, I'm not telling you what to do. I did the same thing that Derf said, and it works for me. Where did you get the photo? Is it copyrighted?

Ken

Neil Armstrong would never place his signature on an image of the US flag...
Rep..you've gone disco on us?
Ken

steriltech

I got the picture off the net I gus type usa flag an clicked on images...I don't think its copy right its just a photo....I did but the picture is kind of distorted but looked nice slapakiss siad to use a blade on the T. I like it...